Saturday, May 7, 2011

Pacquiao makes impassioned speech at prefight presser

Manny Pacquiao was jovial during Wednesday's prefight press conference for his clash against Shane Mosley. He congratulated/joked with Mosley for making this such a big success at the box office.

Pacquiao also announced that he's wearing yellow gloves during the fight as part of the effort to raise awareness for a charity he's backing.

Pacquiao said he will wear yellow gloves, which will indicate his support of the anti-poverty campaign of Gawad Kalinga.

Yellow is also closely associated with Cory Aquino, the Philippines' former President and democracy icon. She is also the mother of current President Noynoy Aquino.

"All my life, I've had to fight," said Pacquiao. "As a child I had to fight just to eat. Now when I fight, Filipinos call me 'bayani,' or a hero. I believe this world needs more heroes. The biggest fight in my life is not in boxing, the biggest fight in my life is how to end poverty in my country."

You can watch the Pacquiao-Mosley pay-per-view right here on Yahoo! Sports.

Yamila Diaz Alicia Keys Tyra Banks Vanessa Hudgens Sarah Michelle Gellar

No comments:

Post a Comment