Friday, May 27, 2011

Mayweather audio: ‘Money’ doesn’t understand why Americans root for Pacquiao

Floyd Mayweather is dealing with legal woes and apparently embarking on a career as a professional sports gambler, so we're no closer to to seeing him step in the ring against Manny Pacquiao.

Mayweather appeared on the Afternoon Saloon radio show on ESPN1000 in Chicago to talk about some recent sports betting tickets he posted on Twitter. The "Pac-Man" fight came up and Mayweather said he can't figure out why so many Americans are Manny fans.

"The thing is this I'm an American citizen and I represent this country with the red, white, and blue. The only thing I want is the people in my country to stand behind me. I'm in my own country and I have a lot of people against me," Mayweather said (6:10 mark). "Our country is a great country, it's a clean country, and all I ask him to do is take the test, that's it. He takes the test and we got a fight."

At the end of the Mayweather again expressed his frustrations with Americans who side with Pacquiao (8:40 mark).

Quotes via Sports Radio Interviews

Kate Moss Zhang Ziyi Nikki Reed Natasha Bedingfield Audrina Patridge

No comments:

Post a Comment