Monday, May 16, 2011

Video: Victoria Azarenka isn’t playing nice with Maria Sharapova

I'll leave it to you and your lip reading/sign language skills to figure out exactly what Victoria Azarenka said to and gestured toward Maria Sharapova during their Friday quarterfinal at the Italian Open. Suffice it to say, the former wasn't in Russian, the latter movement must be universal and both would be enough to get a kid sent to the principal's office if they did it at recess:

Azarenka apologized after the match (boo!) via Twitter:

Said some things to myself on the match that I'm not proud of. But it was just being mad at myself. Will never refer anything to my opponent. I play with respect to every single player. I apologise if there was a misunderstanding of that situation. Thank u for the support and so many spectators. The atmosphere was great.

Let's cut the tomfoolery, Victoria. There was no misunderstanding. Both you and I know who you were referring to and she didn't grow up in Belarus.

Azarenka retired from the match in the second set after suffering an elbow injury.

Kate Hudson Adriana Lima Brittany Daniel Kate Moss Zhang Ziyi

No comments:

Post a Comment