Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Balotelli wears ridiculous hat, announces only Messi is better

Mario Balotelli arrived at Eastlands for Manchester City's 2-1 loss to Everton on Monday night wearing what appeared to be a giant glove on his head. Seriously, look at that thing. It makes his head look like a hand turkey. It may serve the purpose of keeping the five horns of his considerable ego warm, though, considering his response to winning Tuttosport's "Golden Boy" award.

The Italian paper's award for the best player in Europe under the age of 21 went to Balotelli this year, with Arsenal's Jack Wilshere coming in second and Atletico Madrid goalkeeper David de Gea in third.

Balotelli's response to winning was just as spectacular as his hat. Comparing himself to previous winners like Wayne Rooney, Rafael van der Vaart, Cesc Fabregas and Lionel Messi, Balotelli declared (via the Telegraph):

"There's only one that is a little stronger than me: Messi," he said. "All the others are behind me. I am delighted to receive the award, but who else would have won if not me?

"Two years ago I finished sixth and then fourth in 2009. Now it's my turn, no?"

The humility there is overpowering. Only Messi is "a little" stronger? It's a wonder that hat fits on his head at all. He was probably just joking around, though. He was hopefully just joking around. And the jokes continued! When asked about runner-up Jack Wilshere:

"What's his name? Wil...? No, I just don’t know him, but the next time I play against Arsenal I'll try to be careful," Balotelli said. "Maybe I could show him the Golden Boy trophy and remind him that I won."

Yes, maybe you can tie it to your hat and show everyone just how awesome you are, Mario. 

Screenshot via the Telegraph

Eva Green Lauren Conrad Arielle Kebbel Jessica Paré Leelee Sobieski

No comments:

Post a Comment