Friday, July 15, 2011

Rosholt fighting his way back to UFC at Shark Fights 17? Rodriguez off and then back on card

Because of the high injury rate in mixed martial arts, the UFC is always looking for reinforcements. Jake Rosholt wants to be one of those guys.

The former NCAA Div. I wrestling champ at Oklahoma State was released by the promotion in 2010. Tonight, he takes on veteran Matt Horwich. Rosholt is 4-1 with a no contest since his departure, but that loss came against Horwich.

"[I take] nothing away from Horwich; he whipped my ass last time," Rosholt recently told MMAjunkie. "But it's going to be a completely different fight. I'm going in with a different mindset, just a different swagger, and I got a lot of confidence right now. I'm fighting good, and it's going to take a hell of a man to stop me."

Rosholt (11-3, 1 NC, 1-2 UFC) wants back in with the major leagues.

"I don't see why not (if) I go out there and put on a good performance," he said. "This would be like six wins in a row against a tough guy ? a guy that's beat me before ? so it's the first hurdle that I've had to jump in my career. It'll be a great test for me and damn sure a big stepping stone to get myself back in the UFC."

The card in Frisco, Tx. airing tonight on HDNet (9 p.m. ET) also includes former UFC heavyweight champ Ricco Rodriguez. This news comes after a wacky 24 hours where Rodriguez pulled out of his original bout. Rodriguez was booked for a 230-pound catchweight fight. The slimmed down Rodriguez, weighing just 227 pounds, watched his opponent come in at 253. Shark Fights found a late replacement in Doug Williams (pictured).

Angela Marcello Paz Vega Rebecca Mader Eva Green Lauren Conrad

No comments:

Post a Comment