Monday, July 11, 2011

Ronaldo never said he would?ve gone to Man City if Jose left

According to The Mirror -- the paper that "exclusively" carried the first report of Manchester City's interest in Cristiano Ronaldo -- the Portuguese has turned down Man City's advances to stay at Real Madrid and that he would've gone if Jose Mourinho went to Chelsea. See for yourself:

"It's flattering to be offered like �20m a year ? it's very good, but I spoke to my agent and I think it's better to stay in �Madrid because this year we're going to be the best. This �season we are going to be a big force. Jose Mourhino is staying at Madrid so I stay. If he went to Chelsea then I would have left. I would have gone to Manchester City. But now he's staying, I'm �staying."

Ronaldo admitted he was disappointed by the tactics that failed so badly.

The only problem? Cristiano Ronaldo did not say that. On Sunday, Ronaldo released a brief statement on his official website that read:

The Sunday Mirror publishes an interview with me today. All that content is false. I have never spoke with the newspaper, and never made those statements.

So, an attempt at creating a blockbuster summer transfer saga is exposed. But with so many slow news days left to go before the Premier League season begins anew, don't be surprised if Cristiano supposedly flip-flops between staying and going seven or eight more times over the next two months just to keep those column inches filled.

Photo: Reuters

Jessica Simpson Mandy Moore Shannon Elizabeth Maggie Gyllenhaal Foxy Brown

No comments:

Post a Comment