Monday, January 24, 2011

Michael Young: I'm Not a DH 'Permanently'

Filed under: , , ,

Before signing with the Rangers, Adrian Beltre called Michael Young to make sure the veteran was OK with giving up his third base spot. Young says he appreciated the gesture, but it doesn't sound like he's quite ready to say goodbye to life as an infielder.

Speaking at a fan event, Young said that he still feels like he will make an impact offensively and defensively this season. That's more than a little surprising because, as it stands right now, Young will need to be the DH if he's in the lineup on a daily basis. He's determined not to let anyone view him that way, however.

"I'm still doing the exact same work because I don't consider myself a DH," Young said. "I consider myself a baseball player. And everything I wanted to work on before this happened I've still been working on. This isn't something I think I'm going to be doing permanently. My goals for the season are to have a big year and play for a winning team. At the end of the day that's all I'm really concerned with."

 

Permalink | Email this | Linking Blogs | Comments

Leonor Varela Joanne Montanez Michelle Obama Kerry Suseck FSU Cowgirls

No comments:

Post a Comment