Thursday, February 24, 2011

Domenech calls French team brats, claims he's not a moron

Long after everyone stopped caring, Raymond Domenech has finally decided to speak about France's embarrassing World Cup melodrama, which he piloted into the side of a mountain. 

In an interview with French newspaper L'Express (via the Guardian), Domenech discusses the day when his players conspired to boycott training in South Africa and describes how hindsight has helped him see what everyone already knew. 

"If there were any [leaders], I did not see them. Every time I went up [into the bus], there was no one," he said. "At this point, I told myself that they went crazy and they don't realise. Now I know I was wrong: they knew very well what they were doing. They even closed the curtains of the bus to hide themselves from cameras. With hindsight, I see them mainly as a bunch of foolhardy brats."

And while on the topic of calling people names, Domenech would like to assure you that he is not a moron. 

"I want to restore the truth. I'm not the moron that people are describing me as.

"Let's be clear: I got it wrong, I mustn't have chosen the right players nor found the words that were needed. I do not accept the criticism of politicians, nor that of former players who have turned to journalism, but that does not prevent me from drawing my own evaluation."

So, he admits to being a complete failure, but he will not accept the criticisms of politicians or former players who say it!

Now, Domenech is coaching a youth team in France (which is unsettling at best) and he says that he needs time to "brush aside certain memories" before starting a "new adventure." Which will not involve television cameras.

"Above all, I do not want controversy. I have had offers for the theatre, for the cinema ... Nothing on TV, no. Honestly, how can we imagine me in a reality television show?" he said.

Actually, yes. In fact, I can imagine that being far more successful than any future attempts at being a top level manager again. 

Eve Brittany Lee Daisy Fuentes Asia Argento Charisma Carpenter

No comments:

Post a Comment