Monday, April 18, 2011

Brawl on video: Hopkins loses it over Pascal PED allegation

Bernard Hopkins has gotten testy and even violent at boxing press events before. BHop is an old-school fighter when it comes to selling a fight, he's admitted he'll go the extra distance to add some heat. This time it was different.

Hopkins wasn't under control and Pascal really got under his skin when he start screaming for the future Hall of Famer to take drug test to prove he's clean.

"He ambushed the whole press conference as far as talking about the fight. He was accusing me of my last fight that I shouldn't have been as good, as fast, as strong, and I competed," Hopkins told WFAN in New York. "Whatever he was thinking he was desperate and he started saying 'take a test, take a blood test, take this, take that.'"

Hopkins was really irked when Pascal tried to connect the dots between he and Shane Mosley.

"Then he started bringing up that I was a friend of Nazim Richardson, who has been my trainer for years, and Nazim Richardson trains Sugar Shane Mosley and we know Sugar Shane Mosley has been involved in things in the past. That has nothing to do with me. My career has been 23 years and that's the first time and the only time, that I heard some ridiculous allegations. But guess what? I told the people to stay focused and I told the media to stay focused because when a guy is scared and Pascal didn't want to fight this fight a second time. He was forced by the sanctioning bodies of the WBC."

Hopkins got physical when Pascal tried to put his arm around him (0:21 mark and then he threw a punch when Pascal threw his hand in the Philadelphian's direction.

Pascal defends his title against Hopkins at the Bell Centre in Montreal on May 21. The HBO-televised card also features Chad Dawson against Adrian Diaconu.

Maria Bello Jennifer Gareis Ashlee Simpson Donna Feldman Jodi Lyn OKeefe

No comments:

Post a Comment