Thursday, April 14, 2011

Video: Bradley thinks Alexander is ready for a brawl

It's going to be a huge year for the 140-pound division. Things kick off this weekend when two of the top five fighters in the weight class clash in Detroit on HBO (10 p.m. ET/7 p.m. PT). Devon Alexander and Timothy Bradley meet Saturday night in the Silverdome.

Bradley (26-0, 11 KOs) possesses an awesome mix of power and speed, while Alexander (21-0, 13 KOs) is more of a slick boxer. Bradley told the media that he believes Alexander is going to bail from his normal approach and go toe-to-toe. 

"I think he's going to try to press the action," Bradley said (3:20 mark). "A lot of people think he's going to try to box me. For some reason I feel it, for some I feel he's gonna come to me."

Bradley isn't about to shy away from a brawl.

"If he comes to me, I don't have to go to him," Bradley said. "It's gonna be a fight. That's the kind of fight I want. If he wants to slug it out, that's the kind of fight I want. Let's do it."  

Bradley's promoter Gary Shaw sounds even more confident. 

"Alexander cannot fight going backwards. As soon as Timmie goes forward, the fight's over," said Shaw.

Bradley is itching to get in the ring. He put in an eight-week training camp and said he's essentially been prepping for the fight for the last five months.

Sarah Gellman Eliza Dushku Bonnie Jill Laflin Joanna Krupa Ashley Olsen

No comments:

Post a Comment