Monday, April 4, 2011

Roy Hodgson pretends he gets no pleasure from beating Liverpool

"I have a cheese grater in my pocket and I'm about to hit you with it."

Everyone is crowing about how Roy Hodgson got his revenge on Liverpool -- the club that dumped him like a sack of medical waste halfway through the season. Everyone except Roy Hodgson. West Brom's 2-1 win over Liverpool on Saturday extended Hodgson's unbeaten run with his new club to six matches and gave The Baggies a rare win over Liverpool (their first in the Premier League). But, despite all the abuse he took from Liverpool even after he was sacked, Roy still tried very hard to act like it was just another win.

From Sporting Life:

Hodgson said: "I get no extra pleasure from beating Liverpool. I made a lot of friends when I was at Liverpool.

"The players, I have a lot of time and respect for, and the coaching staff, many of them worked with me and worked very loyally.

"I don't take any particular pleasure in that (victory).

"The great pleasure I take is beating Liverpool because it is not something West Brom do very often."

"...and because I hate that entire city with the ferocity of a million grizzly bears. Seriously, I hate them. I hate them for how they treated me, I hate them for making me a joke, I hate them for not showing me the respect I've earned over a long career full of achievements. I hate them. Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to get intensely drunk and sing You'll Never Walk Alone in the most ironic way possible."

Photo: Getty Images

Jennifer ODell Jenny McCarthy Zooey Deschanel Tara Reid Coco Lee

No comments:

Post a Comment