Tuesday, April 12, 2011

'Sugar' Ray Leonard on Dancing With The Stars: His family said 'don't do it'

Ray Leonard has been a success in just about everything he's touched, yet his family is a little nervous about his upcoming slot on Dancing With The Stars.

Arguably, one of the top five stars in all of sports during the 80's, "Sugar" Ray is making a comeback of sorts on the blockbuster dancing show. It's a tall order at 54 years old, but anyone who's seen Leonard recently knows he's always in supreme condition.

Leonard's wife, Bernadette Robi, and kids aren't as stoked about the boxing legend hitting the dance floor.

"She said you know Ray, you can't. You can't 'cause you can't dance," Leonard said. "And then my kids say 'Papa don't embarrass me.' So I'm gonna prove them wrong."

The 12th season begins on Mar. 21 and includes former Hugh Hefner squeeze Kendra Wilkinson, ample actress Kirstie Alley, WWE star Chris Jericho, Lil' Romeo, Chelsea Kane, Pittsburgh wide receiver Hines Wards and two radio hosts Wendy Williams and Mike Catherwood. Petra Nemcova and "The Karate Kid" Ralph Maccio are also on the show. 

"I'm so excited. I think when I met my dance partner and when I came here to meet the cast, that's when I knew that it's going to happen. It's no turning back now". said Leonard.

Leonard was a mega-star, but you wonder how much of the DWTS audience knows of him? We know he can act, but can he dance?

Ashley Greene April Scott Mia Kirshner Elisabeth Röhm Lily Allen

No comments:

Post a Comment