Monday, April 4, 2011

John Terry wants to manage Chelsea, says Rooney can’t sit still

Umbro recently gave DT and a few other blogs the opportunity to ask Chelsea and newly re-named England captain John Terry a few questions as he prepares for Saturday's Euro 2012 qualifier against Wales. The following are the questions I asked along with John's answers.

When on England duty and holed up in the team hotel, which of your teammates is the most fun to have around and why?

"Obviously Wayne has always got some good banter around the changing room, and he's always buzzing around, he can't sit still! He's always looking to get involved in the banter, and he's one of the funniest."

Wayne Rooney not being able to sit still really isn't surprising at all, is it? He seems like he was one of those kids that would run around the dinner table while eating. Still, it's brave of him to be so involved in the changing room banter. There's just so much material to work with there.

Since you're working on your coaching badges, would you rather manage England or a club side one day?

"I think initially for me I'd love to manage Chelsea, whether that comes two years after I finish playing, straight away or five years away, I'd love to manage Chelsea Football Club. I've been there all my career, and I want to stay on here to the end, and I feel that I've got some knowledge to pass on, maybe to the youth team at first and then the first team. I'm doing the badges at the moment, and hopefully that'll be done sooner rather than later, and then I can look towards that."

He's said in the past that he wants to manage Chelsea as soon as he retires from playing, so seeing all these gaffers come and go over the last few years hasn't changed his mind about that. I can see the "Terry faces sack while Mourinho waits in the wings" headlines now...


Have you ever heard Rio Ferdinand call someone an "egg" or does he just do that on Twitter?

"That is one of his words, yeah! It's like a donut or something like that. Maybe it's a southern thing, but he does say that!"

See! Even Rio's international teammates don't know what it means! I knew it!

You can read the full interview here. Thanks so much to John Terry for answering our questions and confirming the fact that Rooney and Rio are hilarious.

Photo: JT wearing a selection from the Umbro Tee Shop

Connie Nielsen Melissa George Cameron Richardson Chandra West Kasey Chambers

No comments:

Post a Comment