Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Florida State reveals Chris Singleton’s decision before he does

Chris Singleton announced Wednesday that he's entering the draft and will hire an agent, a revelation that might have caused more of a stir had Florida State officials not stolen some of his thunder the previous night.

Florida State released an emailed statement to the media regarding Singleton on Tuesday night. Oddly enough, the final paragraph appeared to give away Singleton's decision before the junior forward even announced it.

"Singleton, who is going to finish the semester academically, will be only 24 credit hours shy of earning his degree in interdisciplinary social studies. He has committed to earning six of those hours in the first session of summer school and will begin his professional career well in reach of earning his degree. Singleton has plans to return to school ? and has promised his mother ? that he will earn his degree from Florida State."

In fairness to Florida State, Singleton entering the draft without a safety net probably wouldn't have been a huge surprise anyway whether the Seminoles had sent that release or not. The 6-foot-8 Singleton is projected to be a mid-to-late first round pick as a result of his ability to block shots, generate steals and guard multiple positions.

"I made the decision and I just had to be certain," Singleton said before listing some of the factors that contributed to his decision. "How high I was going to go and my mom in a single parent and I'm trying to help her as much as possible. And the what ifs? What if I got hurt? I got hurt this year and it woke me up that I could get hurt because I never thought I would get hurt.

Singleton was an All-ACC selection this past season despite missing the last five games of the regular season as a result of a foot injury suffered against Virginia on Feb. 12. He returned to play as a reserve in the NCAA Tournament, helping lead the Seminoles on a surprise run to the Sweet 16.

Halle Berry Catherine Bell Tessie Santiago Jessica Simpson Mandy Moore

No comments:

Post a Comment