Thursday, March 17, 2011

NFL: Randy Moss Discusses Return to New England Patriots or Minnesota Vikings

Where does the great Randy Moss want to play?

And, the greater question is: does it even matter? Will any team be excited and willing to re-sign him?

The explosive wide receiver played with three different teams over the course of the 2010-2011 season and finished the year with less-than stellar statistics (28 catches for 393 yards and five touchdowns).

Moss played the first four games of 2010 with Bill Belichick and the New England Patriots.

He was then traded to the Minnesota Vikings. While some fans of the purple and gold dug out their old 84 jerseys, others prematurely flooded merchandise stores to purchase the updated versions.

You know what comes next: playing just one part of the soap-opera type season in Minnesota, Moss lasted only four games in Minneapolis before being waived. It seemed as if he and Coach Brad Childress did not get along during the time he was there, and the rocky relationship allegedly led to Moss’s release.

He was picked up by the Tennessee Titans, where he rode out the remainder of the season.

Minnesota fans still remember the first part of the Moss saga, “Randy Moss plays when he wants to play.”

So, Mr. Moss, where would you like to play?

According to the Boston Herald, Moss told Minnesota radio station KFAN 1130-AM that he would prefer to be back in New England.

“If you’re asking me where my heart and where I’m happy,” said Moss, “I love playing with Tom Brady. I love being coached by Bill Belichick.”

However, No. 84 did not entirely dismiss the idea of returning the Vikings lineup. As a Purple People Eater myself, I cringe at the notion.

While being interviewed on “Access Vikings” on KFAN this morning, Moss spoke with fill-in host and Vikings linebacker Erin Henderson.

“Just to be point-blank and answer the question, I would love to come back to Minnesota,” he stated matter-of-factly. However, one must take this statement with a grain of salt, being that he was equally (if not more) enthusiastic about returning to the Patriots.

Per usual, Moss portrayed himself as a God-like athlete that any team should consider blessed to be associated with. “There’s a lot of things besides bringing Randy Moss back that has to happen for Minnesota to be successful. But I would entertain coming back to Minnesota.” Apparently, he also continues to enjoy referring to himself in the third person.

And in response to questions about the relationship between himself and ex-coach Childress?

“Me and coach Brad Childress really didn’t have no problems, man. I guess I probably said a few things after the New England game that really got my exit out of there very quickly. But I still have love in Minnesota,” Moss added. “I’ve grown to love that state, the city of Minneapolis.”

Don’t get me wrong–I love watching Moss play, and I was one of his biggest fans several years ago when he played game after incredible game in the Metrodome. However, I think the time for Moss in purple has come and gone.

Already nursing an altered lineup and uncertain quarterback situation, it would be unwise for Zygi Wilf and the Minnesota franchise to welcome such an unpredictable force back to the huddle.

Wherever you end up, Mr. Moss, I wish you the best in the upcoming season. That is, if there is a season…

Avril Lavigne Bridget Moynahan Noureen DeWulf Nicollette Sheridan Amber Heard

No comments:

Post a Comment